Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Another funky cat

Hi! I'm back this morning to share another card made using the wonderful Indigo Cats stamps by Stampendous. There's a fabulous selection of Stampendous stamps in the store, but I have a huge fondess for these querky cats:

Thanks - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I had so much fun getting inky making this card. The background paper is a sheet that comes from Kaisercraft's new Bombay Sunset. It started off as a white page with tiny green pattern. I added lots of colour using Tim Holtz's lovely Distress Oxide inks. The joy of these inks - all available in the shop - is that you can layer different colours. I've added a video of Tim demonstrating some techniques at the end of the post.  On the inside I used the left over strip of design paper and adhered that on the middle of the card. On the white panel I finished off the thanks greeting and added a gorgeous flower and another butterfly. Both were coloured with an aquabrush using distress oxide inks.

Thanks inside  - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

One of the things that I enjoy doing when I make cards is combining stamps from different companies. It's a way of getting more use from them and it gives different looks too. The bold sentiment on the front is from a new Altenew set called Enchanted Iris. The set includes two beautiful iris images along with some leaves, as well as the "thanks" word and 11 phrases to complete the greeting. There is a matching set of dies that goes with the stamps. There's a fabulous selection of multi-step flower stamps sets, many with matching dies, available at the store.

Full details of the card can be found on my blog - Deborah's Gems.

Now, here's that video from Tim Holtz. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome and always enjoy reading your comments.